Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ocean County has a star

When Megan Stoltenberg was about five years old. Maybe even younger. You expect me to remember? I would give her mathematical word problems. They all started the same. If you had x number of oranges, got so many more from your Mom, gave half to your brother,etc. etc. When I got to the" how many would you have left"?She gave me the answer before I got the question out. I gave her problems when others were present, so No one would doubt me. She amazed all.
Some time back she participated in a school math test. 16 Ocean County schools sent the five best math students to take the test. Out of the 80 boys and girls, Megan scored the highest. Thats right she was number one. Her score was so high she elevated her school to the number two spot. I'ts called the Goetz math team. She will be given an award on June 3 rd.in Stafford.We are all wondering where she gets her math ability. Hey I multiplied 16 by 5 and got 80. She deserves all of our applause. We love her and are proud of our Ocean County Star