Thursday, July 10, 2008

Well I'll be Dog Gone

Cathy and I had visitors at the farm. Anne Marie and husband Ron. They arrived with "Logan". A small dog. Shiatsu, I believe. I warned them both, "don't let the dog loose, he'll get lost in the woods". Next day Ron took Logan to see the pond. No leash. Wayne's son was there with a small bear, disguised as a dog. Logan saw the "bear", and vise verso. All three took off running. Logan in the lead, then bear, and Ron puffing in the rear. All headed straight for the woods. All lost. Wayne's son retrieved bear. Ron made it back to the shop . "Have you seen Logan?" We both panicked. Jumped on the four wheelers, rode to the spot Logan was last seen. Went in,and began shouting and whistling. Thirty minutes. No dog. Ron and I decided to return to the house, and break the news. Ron said "I hope she just wants a divorce" "why I asked? ""she may want to kill me". Approaching the house, we heard a dog barking. We parked the four wheelers and ran in the house. Logan was glad to see us. Not half as much as we were to see him. Annie said she found him by the wishing well. Dirty, tongue hanging out. shaking all over.Some how he knew the way back home. But why at the wishing well? He got into the woods on the opposite side of the house. Annie asked what happened with Logan? Nothing, just in a hurry to get home. Annie,"he must have ran all the way, don't take him to the pond with out the leash any more"Ron, " you can bet on it".