Sunday, May 13, 2007

Second base Grandpa

Hey, playing short stop must run in the family. I sent the Katherine article to Mark in Texas. He said his brother craig was the best short stop his high school ever had. As for myself I played second base. We had a team in the Air Force that went to the base finals. I played second because my throwing arm was so slow, I had to be close to first to make an out. I can still hear the coach yelling at me" for crying out load throw the ball, you're not a pitcher, don't wind up" actually he he used a few different adjectives, but I can't use them here. The biggest thrill I had was I hit a home run. I played for the Hercules Powder Co. team. Left field. I for got my spikes one game. I chased a fly ball over my head and ran and caught it "see Howie run, run Howie run"The hitter asked how I could run that fast in loafers. I guess all hitters get mad when they get caught. Even Joe "D" got angry.